Alarm Clock
Wood sets his alarm for 5am. Every day.
Every day, the alarm starts its soothing song off oh-so-quietly as and, save maybe one day in 10, I'm wide awake before he begins to stir enough to respond.
I don't really mind being awake at 5am. Not being able to fall back to sleep is bothersome. Actually, this dance has been hard for me for some time. When I'm having bouts of insomnia, or when the kid is sick or over tired and in bed with us it's stressful for me.
I asked this morning... Why do you set your alarm so early and not get out of bed? I decide if I'm going to get up when I hear the alarm. And sometimes I do get up... But usually, you just wake me up... Yep... Que snoring or loud breathing.
He recently asked me what I want for Christmas and I told him 'days-of-the-week underpants'. What I really want is for him to get out of bed when the alarm goes off so I can go back to sleep.
Ha!


No comments:
Post a Comment