Tylenol & Toast
The list isn't going to get done. No way, no how. My diet for the past several days has consisted of water, dry toast, chicken broth, white rice, and Tylenol. Huh? The stomach flu and a bad back. Yep, it started last week while I was painting and reared it's ugly head to the point that I could not finish the project. Could not pick up the little won from day care, could not drop the little won off at day care, could not feed the little won, could not do anything. I'll spare you the gory details, but suffice it to say that it absolutely sucks to have such a flu when other people around you are eating delicacies such as sweet potato pudding, buffalo wings, asparagas wrapped in bread with parmesan cheese, gourmet chinese food, steak, amazing soup - you get the picture - while I'm stuck in the bathroom wishing that I could eat without excruciating pain as a repurcussion. Superbowl or not, I'm really hungry...
The good part of the story is that I've been getting lots of sleep and have seen a bunch of movies I wouldn't have otherwise stopped to watch. Hubbie helped a whole bunch. Thank God for him. Don't know what I'd do without him.
Gonna get to movies, more tylenol, and toast.


4 comments:
Grief! Sometimes the mandatory rest of sickness is the only real break a mom can get. Stinks about your back. Phey. Hope your movies were juicy. Feel Better!- P.
Thanks Paula, I guess it's the universe telling me to take it easier than I've been doing. You know how it is, we have a spare minute and can't let it go to waste...HA!
Movies: Le Divorce (very cute), Monster (intense but quite intriguing - I love real life stories about extremely complicated people), The Devil Wears Prada (Meryl is fabulous - what a feel good movie!), and various episodes of House, CSI, Las Vegas, Cooking shows, etc. What a TV hound.
Thanks!
M
Wonelle, another great Showtime show you might just really enjoy is called Weeds. You can netflix it. I just love it. When do you begin your new position?
Is Weeds an early 19th Century show? We no longer have either showtime or netflix... budgetary issues.
My new job starts sometime soon. The County is dragging their heels as they want to be in charge. I am going to a meeting in Sacto Friday, earning comp time. Hopefully official and earning early next week. We'll see.
Post a Comment