Promises, Promises
I can't decide whether or not to keep my wedding shoes. They've been taking up space in the depths of my closet for more than 5 years now and I'll very, very likely never wear them ever again.
We decided, quite pragmatically over coffee and cigars one Sunday morning, to get hitched. Truth be told, I had no problem living in sin. And, even though I liked our current arrangement just fine, I had very few qualms about getting married. Actually, I fully expected things to remain about the same - or to get better - once we did the deed.
Jokingly, I would ask "If we get married, can I still be your girlfriend?"
Wood would reply with glee, "Absolutely!"
It's a little disconcerting; I just realized that those shoes aren't taking up all that much space, they're really a simple reminder of how after the wedding, everything changed!
Things aren't as pragmatic as they once were but no matter. Those shoes are going to get the best piece of closet real estate there is to be had: front and center so that every time either of us open the door, SMACK: there they are!
Those were some amazingly good times and they should be celebrated at every turn.


No comments:
Post a Comment