Saturday, September 15, 2012

Flit & Flitter

School is back in session and my support network, at least around the kid is in place again!

Boychoir started this week and he's pretty jazzed about singing.

Twig was invited to be in an acting troupe again and we signed him up for the whole year. That means now through Christmas is booked every Saturday except maybe for Thanksgiving weekend and starting right after Thanksgiving, every weeknight and weekend there's a performance. The same in the spring. But he loves it - and frankly I do too.

I signed on to be the co-chair of Twig's school's annual auction. It wasn't entirely the wine talking, either. It's part of my master plan to be an Executive Director in my next job. Doing this will give me fundraising experience that isn't currently on my resume. See, bigger purpose. And, yes, crazy.

We are looking at a house to potentially rent in the morning. It's 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Two doors away from us. It's also considerably cheaper than what we pay now. I hope it could work and can't stand the idea of moving. Plus we started looking at care homes for Grandma. After the $4500 base price was revealed, we realized that we might have to find a bigger house for more rent and hire somebody to live in and care for her. Her needs will change (increase) and her income won't. Somehow having Choir and acting and the auction to think about makes grandma's stuff easier to think about.

That's it. I woke up early full of energy and I'm tired again.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Girl! There is really no room for trouble with all that activity. ANd lots of room for success!! OK so a new plan with Grandma. Cool. Money plays into everything. I so enjoy seeing you manifest stuff with your crazy bigger purpose. You inspire.