Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hired Help

I did it!

Wood is leaving town for a week long work conference and my mom doesn't want to be just the housekeeper (bless her heart for doing so the last several trips when he was gone). Oh, yeah. I can't do a week alone with Twig, Grandma, and a full-time job.

I hired an in home care agency to come in and work with Grandma three days a week. It will be expensive but she can afford it. And it will most definitely take some of the burden off of us. Like tonight! Even though I didn't get to exercise because Wood needed the car to take Twig to his baseball game and the other car is broken down and I couldn't make it back to my office in time to meet people, it's already really cool!

Well, it is weird to be the one asking for and organizing the help - it's usually me doing the helping. But I must say that having someone else do her bathing, laundry, linen changing, and general companionship for a few hours a week will be wonderful!

That is all.