Monday, July 25, 2011

Long Time No Write

I periodically get an email from Sitemeter that gives me an overview of the activity related to this here blog. One showed up bright and early this morning and since I usually wake up before anyone else, I took a look at the stats. Something strange is going on! I haven't actually written anything and posted here on almost 8 months. Eight months! And despite that, My Lady had 25 visits last week. Downright impressive that she's been working so hard and hasn't even been trying.

All kidding aside, it has been a long time since I've taken the time to write. And wouldn't you know it if the past 8 months have been such that I could have used a visit with my Nice Lady.

In the interest of time (and the fact that I'm writing this from bed on an Android phone with my over tired 6.75 year old sleeping peacefully next to me), here's what I've been up to:

Hubbie's started a new Job - in another state.
Was a single parent for 3 months.
Managed updates and remodel of our bathroom in preparation for out of state move. While working full time.
Hired moving company.
Packed house.
Rented said house out.
Moved out of state.
Unpacked house.
Started Twig at a new school.
Worked part-time remotely and finished a couple of work projects.
Had visitors from home. (notice very big smile on my face).
Volunteered at school, took the boy to swimming lessons, and the playground after school, kept house, met my husband for lunch once a week, exercised daily, made new friends, settled into our new life and started to enjoy a slower pace.
Got a new job. Started working full-time. about two weeks before summer started.
Set Twig up for summer camp. Took on single parenting while Hubbie's been out of town for work.
Attempted to get 68 year old Mother-in-Law with early onset Alzheimers Disease living in LA admitted to Assisted Living facility in my new town of Portland, OR. Which did not happen. She's living with us now. In our two bedroom 900 square foot rental.

I always swore that I'd be the only mother living in my house. Those words are now biting me in the ass! I want to do the right thing, and I (we) will. And three weeks in, I'm realizing just how hard its going to be.

I need a Nice Lady like never before. See you soon, I hope.

1 comment:

NARF! said...

Please please please make time for Wonelle....you don't always have to be superwoman ;)