Friday, June 6, 2014

Three Days

This is the third night in a row I've had insomnia. It had been at bay for a while. I'm not sure what shifted except maybe Wood being out of town or the ever elusive start date of my new job. Wood comes home tomorrow and the job, despite my new boss being fired today, starts Monday.

All in all, I've been well. There are moments of real clarity about my life, what's important, and what I want. I feel strong enough, most days, to manage my feelings and coach Twig through his. There are tough moments but they feel manageable. They don't have as much drain power that they did for a while.

Talked to another mom today who's has a very similar yet shorter duration Family-member-with-Alzheimer's move-in then out experience. And she described the crippling depression and anxiety that pummeled her once her mom moved out. It was so nice to hear someone talk about the exact feelings and responses I've had. Except she reluctantly decided to go the meds route.

There's so much more but I don't have the mental fortitude to continue to form semi-coherent sentences any more. It's 3:40am and I should try to get some sleep. G'nite.

No comments: